View Single Post
Old 27th February 2020, 12:12   #49
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

All I can say about LUK's suggestions does not relate at all to my experiences.

The whole system was renewed Master, Slave, Clutch and DMF, so no old contaminated fluid or worn parts still left. The clutch was not heavy at all, in fact very much as expected. The master failed in 13 months with 3000 miles covered leaking fluid all over my carpets on the way to a club meet. Trikey, who fitted the clutch was there, he checked it out and the master had failed. It was replaced by Andy Willy at my house because he was closer and the car was immobile. I suffer with a back issue and it was just impossible for me to do it myself with it being in such a stupid position. It was replaced with another LUK as Andy said it did not matter what you fitted they all are dodgy. The whole system was bled through and clean fluid expelled.

The slave then failed about 3000 miles later.

I'm convinced its down to the quality of the parts used as it seems to be a problem not confined to one manufacturer. Posts in this thread and others mention that all the manufacturers products prematurely fail including Tazo. The quality of the parts are no longer controlled by the car makers and anything goes. WE want parts to be as cheap as possible so they are made as cheap as possible. I own classics and the problem getting good reliable parts that last is now very hard. Numbers that need to be produced lead to high prices if you want quality and reliability. In general owners will not pay those prices so we get C%&p and this is what is happening now with MGRs
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote