View Single Post
Old 19th March 2019, 19:41   #21
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
My first SD card I bought was 16MB, then 32MB and so on. I thought I hit the big time when I bought my first 1GB card. lol

Anyone remember XD cards, I still have some old 128MB Fuji ones.
Yes I sold many, and for a while they were like gold dust with used prices exceeding retail! And I remember their forerunner, the smart media cards! My first gig CF card was a nightmare, a first generation, that took forever to download, then the risk of corruption and loosing everything. Even now, I prefer shooting important things with 2 or 4Gb cards, 40-80 images.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
I have to laugh at 64 and 128gb cards etc. I remember the first desktop I bought had a 3gb memory!
my house mate built a PC with a 3Gb hard drive, which I would use occasionally. I used to say to him I was worried about filling it up on him with images from photo critique sites, after having to buy a new floppy disc when I was in school after filling that (1.44MB) ''you will never fill it, dont worry''

It was then upgraded to a 10Gb with a 56k modem, of which he described as ''S**t off a shovel'' I actually bought that one from him and served me well for 3 or 4 years lol. I am still bewildered when I think back to then whilst I have a 128Gb card in my pocket camera.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote