View Single Post
Old 28th August 2013, 10:13   #9
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

It is an old debate. I however, have a question. With the slashing of the Benefits Budget (of which about 80% goes to people of pensionable age), how have any of the Taxpayers of this country benefitted? At all? Has food become cheaper? Has fuel lowered in price? Have they reduced Income Tax as a result of their assault on the poorest in society?
At this time I have seen absolutely NO benefit to the wider population of the UK as a result of the Conservatives ideology, barring the setting of the not so well off against the even worse off. Growth is still circling the drain, the national debt has actually increased since the Conservatives slid into power, and the high street continues to die.
There are of course people who take advantage of the situation, I'm sure there always will be. But unless their intention is to turn the country against itself, I'd have to say that what they're doing isn't working for anyone apart from the top 1% of the country. And don't get me started on the creeping privatisation of the NHS.
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote