Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Can of paint..

Spray sign..

Take photo of said sign...

Send to cowboys..

Job done!
have one of these in your windscreen (although not £5000, it needs to be a reasonable amount, £500 perhaps). Then use their own evidence against them. The BPA (British Parking Association) is the regulatory body for private parking firms, and part of their guidelines is that if you receive a ticket, it must be backed up with a photograph of the ticket in the windscreen. (if they are not members of the BPA or do not have BPA logos on their signage, do not pay).

So, you pay the ticket, then submit an invoice to them for the amount shown on your screen. If they refuse to pay, take them to court using the same terms that they are prepared to take you to court for non payment (ie trespass and breach of contract). As evidence, you have their photograph which proves they were aware of the terms of defacing your vehicle. Have read of people using this in the past, and working. Although this is the internet so how true it is I do not know.

further details and info on fighting a parking eye ticket. HERE

A couple of years ago a private parking firm fell foul of the BPA regs and were kicked out but continued trading. (It may even have been parking eye, currently they are registered with the BPA LINK). They were suspended from it, but continued to issue tickets (which was still permissable). The only difference was the company could not submit a request to the DVA for the keeper details (who ultimately become responsible if unpaid) and therefore not take the issue to court.

Attached are some of the letters I received, along with the only letter I sent to them (no, they did not respond within the reasonable amount of time I specified, so further correspondence was not entered into. Proof of receipt was also retained ). Look at the back of the various letters, all are the same, parking company and solicitor's threats. I even got two from the Cant Pay We Will Take It Away Crowd too! They made their demand, then dismissed and referred it three weeks later (bailiffs cannot operate in NI apparently).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg my letter.jpg (138.2 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 31stJuly2015.jpg (139.2 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 18thJanuary2016.jpg (135.8 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg 15thMarch2016R.jpg (136.6 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg 25thApril2016.jpg (135.0 KB, 15 views)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote