View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018, 12:52   #23
Mike Trident
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Saloon & Citroen C1

To be fair I have only ever checked the fuel consumption once. I had a 370 mile round trip to Glostershire to pick up a front bumper from another member. I filled up until the pump clicked off at my local garage, set off to the motorway which is only a couple of miles from my house. Just about all of the trip was on a flat motorway with very little traffic. I set the cruise to 70 and just let it do its thing. As soon as I returned home in mid-afternoon, I filled up at the same pump at the same garage. It equated to just about 60 MPG.

As I said, this was the only time I have ever checked it as basically I don't care what it does to the gallon. The opportunity just presented itself.

I don't know what others do to the gallon, I just know that on that day, with the milage that my odometer clocked, and the fuel it used equated to 60 MPG. Bear in mind, it was not a very scientific test

Perhaps mine is a rather special one lol, or Big Russ did a particularly good job of the 160 remap on my car, who knows!

BORN
Tuesday, 5th October 2004 @ 12:35:52
This vehicle was the 104,679th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 3,318th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744
This vehicle was the 12,440th 75 in Starlight Silver (code: MBB) to be made out of 14,280 Starlight Silver 75s
Mike Trident is offline   Reply With Quote