View Single Post
Old 10th December 2018, 10:45   #21
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
An automatic diesel driven conservatively will achieve between 40 and 44 mpg, and a manual between 42 and 48 mpg.

The most you can reasonably expect to achieve is low to mid 50s and that is a manual car cruise enabled, driven at 60MPH without traffic, and automatics driven with the same conditions 46mpg at a push.

Anyway if you want to make yourself feel good about fuel consumption, reset the MPG meter while travelling downhill and tickle the throttle, you might see an impressive figure then.

60 MPG may be seen as an instantaneous figure, but it is not a realistic one

Brian

Broadly i would agree.. Certainly on average i think i get mid 40's but on the occasion i did do a brim to brim check she gave a couple more mpg at 57 but as stated that was mostly motorway and good A roads in the evening so not too much traffic once out of Manchester. I don't have an instantaneous display being a poverty spec car but i do check from time to time if i'm doing a longer run just working out the figures.

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote