Old 19th February 2020, 18:26   #20
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Well, you learn something new everyday, It would help of course if the links worked for the photo of the spanner angle
As an aside all advice is given on here in good faith and if somebody knows a better way to do things then it is good to learn.
Can you point me to the how to you did please as I still cannot seem to find it
I was part of the team who spent an awful long time attempting to undo the striker pins at the nano to no avail and yes we did try to spanner the screws out without success. Then again not knowing if it was actually possible doesn't make it any easier
As for cable corrosion, we have seen quite a few now as the age of the cars increase so your method will be of increasing use to all, thankyou...
Hi Dave.
I remember the day well, in reflection now I also remember the use of this tool below, but we could just not get it to stay on the bolt head due to the lip on the plate, so once we realised that someone had a spare bonnet bayonet the decision was made by the owner to go ahead and cut through the bayonet and it turned out good no damage to the bonnet or bumper.

I have found three spare 10mm spanners today in one of the several tool boxes I bring to the meet, low & behold one as been cut down I must have done it for something the other two I will double check and bend them for the said job above just in case we come across the same problem this year at the meets.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "

Last edited by Arctic; 12th May 2020 at 20:10.. Reason: Photo Editing
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote