View Single Post
Old 10th August 2019, 15:08   #403
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Armed with a electric drill...................

............................................ and plugged in with the ON switch pushed I was away. Decided it was about time that I started to get a few phot’s/pictures up on the walls. Got a tad bit carried away but so far we have 40 framed photo’s/pictures and three clocks up on the various walls.

All our framed wedding photo’s are up in the bedroom along with some other photo’s of Val. Plus a photo of my late Dad in his Army uniform.
In the two other bedrooms various other car photo’s have gone up. Some have not seen the light of day since around about 2009. The smaller of the two bedrooms also houses the bulk of my model car collection in various cabinets.

Plus in the two spare bedrooms on the deep window ledges are the framed certificates that Banana has earned over the years. Plus two certificates belong to the Bear. There is a framed picture of Redfive as well.
I still have some aircraft paintings to go up but they will need to be framed first.

Downstairs in the lounge I have put up a collage of photo’s in a frame showing VE Day party in Barkingside plus other pictures of family through the years. Above the picture I have put my “retired” clock. A present from Matt n Shirley, when I first moved down from last year.
In the kitchen I have put a photo of my Val working in a kitchen somewhere. We was having a meal in a restaurant when the chef was taken I’ll with a heart attack. So the restaurant owners asked Val to take over in the kitchen, she said she would but her skivy had to help, so I was brought in to the hallowed ground of the chef’s domain.

Also in the kitchen I have put up our 10th Anniversary bottle clock. On the stairs I have put up our coat of arms along with a short history of my surname, plus Val’s family surname.
Also up on the stairs is a very unusual picture of a Flying Banana.
Quite pleased with what I have done. Feels more like home each day.

Splashed out and finally got round to buying some decent mats for the Bear along with a rubber load mat for the boot. Spent a few more Bob and bought a Gtech cordless hedge trimmer, so no more trimming the cable. That should keep me safer. Ha! Ha!
I advertised a few bits on the Facebook market place. A chap answered the advert and came round to see what I was offering. He explained he was a dealer looking out for unusual bits and pieces. Took him into the garage to show him everything else that needed a new home.

He left with 3 large plastic boxes, and I pocketed £200. Lovely stuff.
Off to Athelhampton House tomorrow with Banana for the MGOC Show. Been a few times in the past. Dallas posted it up so I thought why not show ole Yella off.
Monday see’s us starting a Mini tour of the UK. Will post the details up about that later.

Thanks for reading and the kind comments.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote