View Single Post
Old 9th February 2016, 11:17   #1
Pistonbroke666
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 1.8T, MG GS Exclusive

Default Acquiring land... any experience here?

Hi guys,

Near by parents house is a decent sized plot of land. It used to be a small car park for a large oil storage site about 50 metres away.

The oil storage site was fully developed by Bellway Homes some 15-20 years ago. The car park remains empty and overgrown (read beyond use).

A planning application was made for the car park back when they developed the oil site - first for a single dwelling which was approved and then later for three dwellings which was refused. Since 2000, no applications have been made and the site has remained empty. The site appears to be owned by Countryside Properties PLC and according to the title papers acquired via the Land Registry, has been in their portfolio since 1988.

There's no adjacent land that can be developed and it would seem that the local planning appetite is limited. It doesn't seem like land that a developer would be terribly interested in from a margins perspective.

My question is, how would I go about acquiring this land? I'd love to build my home on it but I don't know the right approach to take or if there are any government incentives/methods to liberate land from a land bank.

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

James