View Single Post
Old 21st June 2013, 07:41   #1
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Default Really Annoyed...

Got my renewal from Peter Best for my ZT. Last year my premium was £650 and my renewal letter gave me a price of a touch over £700 with my 'new' endorsements.
Not too bad an increase considering and I had added the side skirts to the list of modifications so I thought i'll take it.
Phoned them up to go through a few errors in the quote details and also had to notify them of an incident from back in May in a motability car.

I was in BP filling up (pump 1) and had gone inside to pay, on my way out I noticed an Astra moving in reverse towards my Astra, it mounted the kerb and scraped the back bumper of my car. My wife and kids were in my car.
I rushed over and there was nobody in the other car, peered inside and noticed the electric handbrake.
The owner came out of the adjacent shop frantic as her car wasn't where she parked it and she thought it had been stolen.
She said at the time she'd just bought the car and was just getting to grips with the electronic handbrake and she'd forgot to engage it.
She admitted liability and I informed my insurer and the work was done at no cost to me.

Peter Best then came back with a renewal of £1400, which I just cannot justify. So even though I was a completely innocent party my insurance has doubled, the only other thing that changed was that the car is now on a drive, not on the street as the original renewal stated.

So i'm now in a position where I either stump up the £1400, SORN the car for a year until a speeding endorsment expires or sell the car.

Wish i'd just let it go, but you can't. All incidents MUST be reported to your insurer whether or not a claim is made regardless of fault.... or your cover is invalidated!

Insurance......biggest con going. And it is a compulsory nessecity
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote