View Single Post
Old 2nd October 2023, 23:03   #372
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Hi Wes. Sorry to hear that you are still having health issues. I have been lucky in life health wise with nothing major or life threatening to smite me yet. Had a couple of scares that had the potential to be something serious but all was ok in the final analysis. However I have had the company of Emma and I opted for banding. I found it very painful for a few days afterwards and I'm not convinced that it was worth it as any improvement was marginal to nonexistent. That said I was probably a mild case unlike my brother who first tried banding and later went for surgery and wished in hindsight that he had opted for surgery from the off.

Have you ever had antibiotics while suffering your yet to be diagnosed pain? I ask because I had need to be given a course of it a couple of months back and it fixed the problem it was given for but it might have fixed something else too. I had acquired pain in the head when coughing, sneezing or clearing my throat. The brain felt bruised and the slight pressure put on it by the activities mentioned would trigger the pain. My head became a bit fuzzy too and I eventually began to struggle with balance when walking. I was and still am undergoing investigation for it, my head has been scanned and I've met with a neurologist but to date the cause remains to be determined. But quite unexpectedly and without me noticing immediately the pain in the head seems to have subsided after the antibiotics and my balance has improved too. My head is still a little fuzzy and there has been the odd day when I've thought that maybe the relief is temporary but serendipity has intervened to give me some hope.
Banding yes I've had that procedure done twice, and now they want to do surgery. Something tells me there maybe a link to this pelvic/perineal/testicle/leg pain I suffer, all to do with the Pudendal nerve; which carries pain from hemorrhoids I understand. This means I am now seeing the bum doctor as well as the blooming ball doctor, my wife is in hysterics at this point.

They diagnosed me with bilateral neuropathic testicle pain/chronic orchialgia, along with sciatica, but the fact the right orchiectomy got rid of my original right side pain must indicate the answer somewhere. The recent surgery back in March has caused this new pain, something to do with the genitofemoral nerve along the inguinal canal, they call it genitofemoral neuralgia, hopefully they can do something about it; if it doesn't get any better on its own.

But! they still have to tackle the left side pain, what the hell are they going to do about my left side; how can a man be in such an awful situation?

I told the doctors not so long ago, if they list all this pain that I suffer, they would go running to the hills. Testicle scrotal pain, sciatic pain, trigeminal neuralgia, and migraine headaches with aura. How the hell can anyone manage life when coping with pain like this everyday, it stops one from living, life gets put on hold, everyday is a battle and doing normal everyday tasks is so difficult; the pain is often debilitating and I'm out of action a lot of the time.

Obviously I put on a brave face and hide it from others, but as I'm getting older its becoming harder and harder to do, something has to give; it cant stay like this surely.

If I didn't make fun of it all I reckon I would go mad, but it is obviously affecting me; I just keep praying for a light at the end of the tunnel...
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote