View Single Post
Old 1st May 2018, 23:57   #6
Mercury RV
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

I can confirm that the Raceglaze Alcantara cleaner works well, and yes you do not need much of it to clean your seat fabric. I have just re furbed the seats on an MG TF with this product, then I purchased from good old Amazon, a 'Bobble Cutter' which is just like a small electric razor with a rotating blade inside and a catcher to take away all the removed 'Bobbles' it works exceptionally well and really you cannot do any damage with it, it leaves the surface just like new once you have cleaned it. Once you have cleaned it well, please allow the fabric to dry after, then you can use the little electric razor on it. The item is meant for getting rid of 'Bobbles' on jumpers etc, but seriously it is brilliant. For the leather I always use Gliptone leather cleaner first, using a small old toothbrush and a soft nail brush on larger areas, this then leaves the leather clean and ready for Gliptone leather treatment (which smells like leather) rubbed well into the leather and allowed to soak in for a while. If you want to recolour the leather, you can then do this with a 'ScuffMaster' kit in whatever colour you wish. Best way to do this is build up in layers using a section of foam and dab it on sparingly over time allowing to dry in between. If you wish, after you have built up the colour, you can carefully mask off the seat and then spray a thin coat over the final result. Once this has dried, treat it again with the Gliptone leather treatment. We do this a lot on customers vehicles and also all my own, it does work and does not leave it looking anything other than as new. Good luck.
Mercury RV is offline   Reply With Quote