Thread: ECU replacement
View Single Post
Old 26th February 2021, 20:49   #8
Shapfell
Loves to post

Rover 75 Conn SE saloon / MG ZTT cdti auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I would get it T4'd before swapping the ECU out, the ECU on the 1.8 nasp is not to my knowledge as susceptible to failure as on other models in the range. Has the car previously ran ok in your ownership? My Rover 25 1.4 came to me with a similar problem, the main culprits were found to be a maladjusted throttle cable and a thermostat which had been rendered useless by holes that had been drilled through its frame. I suspect under previous ownership that the inlet manifold was swapped out as a job lot complete with everything that is fitted to it so the IACV is not set up correctly for my car. As a result I still get the occasional stall when driving off from cold in the winter but otherwise it runs without problem. I hope to get it fully sorted eventually, it will need T4 or a diagnostic tool that can do the job of setting the IACV with the ECU but I do very few miles and for my needs the problem remains on my to do list on an opportunity basis.
It ran fine for years, then started showing up engine fault light every so often, now overfuels something chronic. Trikey has had it on the T4 and we can find nothing amiss other than the engine is trying to run within parameters and struggles. Fuel pressure is bang-on (these have no return line so need the proper pressure from the tank pump) but it still idles at 11% and drinks petrol like a drunk at a free bar (It did do high 30's/low 40's mpg on a run, before it failed the MOT on emissions, 25mpg was good.

2004 Conn SE 1.8
Work so far:-
Gerry T, Rad Fan Resistor, Handbrake Compensator, Bonnet Catch Block, Leather Handbrake gaiter, Journey Camera,
Sean's DD Unit with Freeview!, Towbar, Rear Sunblind, Smiley!, Headlamp Protectors, Alloy Intake, R75 Brolly, Puddle lights, reversing camera.

2004 Connie CDTi Tourer; replacement for the ZTT.
Shapfell is offline   Reply With Quote