Thread: 2020
View Single Post
Old 23rd April 2020, 14:42   #21
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Thank you for all your kind words.

Its certainly been a shock, not that we didn't know this day would eventually come, due to his heart condition. But to have him taken from us because of the change in meds is a real shock, his nurse knew exactly what not to do, but the blooming GP didn't, so you could say his nurse was smarter than the GP.

I'm currently waiting for a phone call from the coroner, they were meant to call me this morning, but I'm still waiting. The paramedics say it was instant, his heart simply stopped and he collapsed, they worked on him for half hour but it was too late.

I wont lie, it was awful to see my father just lying dead being worked on by several paramedics, thankfully my wife and daughters wasn't with me to see it, as nothing ever prepares you for something like that, its nothing like what you see in the movies, its 1000 times worst.

The problem I have now is my mum in such a large house on her own, she is ill herself and with my father being her carer, this is now a real concern.

To be frank, my father himself needed care, but he wouldn't have it, he was too proud. He always said he wanted the independence for them both, that he wanted to keep his wife/my mother from having to go into hospital, so he fought and fought never to die, just so he could protect mum.

God, I'm gonna miss him.

Last edited by Dallas; 23rd April 2020 at 17:25..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote