Thread: Testicle Pain
View Single Post
Old 10th August 2019, 07:34   #232
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

The NHS, despite its stretched resources and underfunding, is still the best in the world when compared to 3rd world countries. In May this year in Kenya, no bed was available at a private hospital I had been admitted into. The hospital has 2 tiers of service: a public ward and a private wing with private rooms en-suite, a/c, it’s own nurses and great food, Sat TV and mosquito nets for the bed, telephone and el-safe.

The first night, I was admitted into the public ward at the hospital in Nairobi. The ward had no rooms, it was hot 30c + and the flies were everywhere. The patient in the bed opposite had sex on his bed with one of the nurses, no shame or discretion. I had no locker/cupboard by my bed to put my things in, the toilets and showers were communal. I was relieved when I was transferred into the private wing, which charges $1000 USD per night for the room. They won’t discharge or release until the bed/care has been paid for. During the week, I had 3 brain scans, CT without contrast and 2 MRI of the brain and eye sockets with contrast. How did you get on with your scans? ...... the results? Are you any better?

Photos: Nairobi

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 10th August 2019 at 07:39..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote