View Single Post
Old 1st June 2019, 11:33   #10
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
Before it’s printed, ensure your monitor is using the correct colour gamut and proof the image using the print companies ICC profile for their acrylic.
Thank you. I don't have a calibration device yet. All of my editing is done on a laptop, which I know isn't ideal. I don't know if it is worthwhile trying to calibrate a laptop monitor?? The image looks different depending on the angle of the screen.

The acrylic printing is done off site at their factory in Cardiff so I don't think I will be able to proof the image before it's printed, but I will ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squire View Post
Is it Porthcawl? Seen many tremendous waves crashing there when I was a lot younger, have got relatives in Ponty 🙂.

Cracking photo by the way.

Martyn
Thanks Martyn,
Yes. Porthcawl. Its amazing when the big waves come in here. Quite frightening to watch it all going on.
Funny, when I was younger I lived on the other side near Minehead, which you can see on a clear day and the sea never got rough there from memory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Hi Phil, are you going to water mark your wave study or protect your work with a copyright? A holiday company contacted me to ask permission if they could use one of my Wildlife photos for their holiday brochures. It’s nice to be asked, but when someone uses your work without permission, it’s something else. I like your photo, dark skies, white lighthouse, gigantic wave, hits the spot and full of drama.
Hi Phil,
Thank you for your lovely comment.

Where was your photo found by the holiday company?
I've never thought about a watermark, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to steal my photos anyway!