View Single Post
Old 25th April 2017, 07:01   #19
QuestionMark
Regular poster

LHD Rover 75 Tourer 2.0 CDT Conn auto 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by 350zwelgje View Post
AC replacement in Belgium is 70 Euros.
So not too bad, your prices are ... Norwegian prices unfortunately.
Yep Apparently there's a ~70 € fee per kg of gas.

Quote:
There is a test on the AC system, have you done that? Perhaps is shows errors and that could be of help.
I don't know, what is the test?

Quote:
But AC systems need to be used and when old you are not getting away with topping up/replacement every 2-3 years (that is my frequency). Especially for the oil as that keeps the seals healthy (by using the AC at least every quarter but better every month to have 'fresh' oil keeping the seals in a good condition). Put it off too long and it won't work at all and repair is even dearer.
Mine's always in use, never off. Any drawbacks to that?

Quote:
Nothing to do with the interior fan, but if the radiator fan is not working as is should, perhaps it can trigger what you are experiencing.
Don't think so as have no two 75 without AC and fans work as they should.
From what I can tell my radiator fan is working properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avulon View Post
The two main sensors involved are the external ambient temperature sensor and the internal temperature sensor. If they aren't working properly it may explain a thing or two. I'd check the internal sensor first, afaik there isn't a way to find out what reading it's giving so it would be a substitution test. The external ambient temp reading should be displayed on the dash.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind External reading is fairly accurate, at least.
QuestionMark is offline   Reply With Quote