View Single Post
Old 27th May 2019, 17:43   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Iphone and original Radioguy ICE unit

I have just had an adaptor arrive, to convert from the original 30 pin Iphone/pad plug, to the lightning of the more recent Iphone - just got an SE, used to use a 3GS.

When I first installed the ICE I tested it could play from a Ipod unit and it did, I think I also had it play from the 3GS. My 3GS suffered a total failure when the battery died, so I got an SE then a 30 pin to lighting complete with a 3.5mm plug. I assumed it would need to have the 3.5mm audio plug..

I then tried the SE plugged into the ICE - I was able to select tracks, click play/pause and all seemed to work, including charging - except no sound from the ICE. I assumed the adaptor must be faulty and gave up.

Today I managed to recover my old 3GS, plug it into the car, the ICE switched its source to the Iphone, but I couldn't list the tracks or attempt to play any. Selecting and playing on the 3GS, I got not sound from the 3GS.

Should the 3GS work with the ICE?
Should the SE work with the ICE via the adaptor?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote