View Single Post
Old 26th February 2023, 14:17   #23
Martin Butler
Loves to post

Rover 75 saloon

you seem to be getting confused, lets go back to basics,

I removed the original highline head unit, radio and tv unit , and fitted an after market radio sat nav unit, using an BMW to ISO adaptor, made up an self contained loom to connect the BMW plug in the boot, to this new head unit using the same ISO colours.
When i turned everything on, I got power but no sound.

I have since tried fault finding the system to find the cause, but so far i have not gotten to the fault, the factory fitted speaker amplifier is still fitted, and connected up, because i could not remove it, nor get to the plugs.
I can't use the footwell plug, because the previous owner removed it and taped the wires, the original loom in the boot, looks to have had some wires taped in, possibly the plug may have been changed,

I the high line unit never worked properly, the radio was dead when i got the car, but i fitted another basic after market radio and wired this via the BMW plug and that worked fine. thats why i'm getting frustrated , I did exactly the same set up as before, yet this time no sound,

The blue wire is not part of the original wiring, its in the new head unit and looking through every u tube video its been almost an universal problem with high spec cars, having this same problem, and in every case the remedy was to use the blue cable to power up the amplifier because the wire was in the same position to the cars main harness to the power input for the power feed on the amplifier.
Martin Butler is offline   Reply With Quote