Thread: BT problem.
View Single Post
Old 5th December 2018, 16:10   #18
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
I may not be well informed about the technicalities of broadband but i should imagine that the fibre was already in junction box and all they have done is connect my copper wire.
So they have charged me twice to upgrade,but i am still using the faulty copper wire.

This not questioning what you are saying - I am just trying to understand and help, so please bear with me.

The current problem is not necessairily the same as your original problem. Unfortunately, dry joints and moisture relted problems with copper calbes are not predictable so one such problem could occur after another.

Being upgraded to fiber is not simply a case of connecting your telephone line to a fibre at the cabinet. There is a lot of very complex work that needs to take place in the background.

My personal recommendation (as previously) is to call up the BT service desk and if the next visit does not resolve the problem then raise a complain with BT (Consumer).
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote