View Single Post
Old 26th December 2021, 11:31   #29
xsport
Posted a thing or two

rover 75 club se

thanks stewart. take a break and you will come back refreshed over christmas. i think the pump has been leaking for some time now .. hence the spare in the boot. Simon i think made the correct suggestion , when he said the belt was probably never tensioned properly. it may never have had the piston pushed back and pinned , before setting, and the belt only set by adjusting the hexagon key screw on the roller bearing. that would as time went on , and as more slack occurred , allowed the belt to try to move outwards. maybe the outer plastic camcovers were all that stopped it coming out of the teeth altogether . i was asking about the belt width as i wondered if it was the correct width . my new gates is 27 mm wide . the pulley bearing width is 30 mm on both tensioner and idler so quite a bit of forgiving width wise. sounds like the original pump , if thats what it is , was good for quite a few miles. oh and thanks for the updates stewart the pictures were very good. last thing ... get a bung put in that dipstick hole.you dont want that debris blocking up the oil ways on your new heads ....
xsport is offline   Reply With Quote