Old 28th May 2019, 07:23   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Hi Ian.
I have the one that Brian put his LINK to (https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rover-75-...IAAOSwIgNXszS5 ) it as been on now since November & from the start i got a few vibrations i have stuck with it so far, some time this week i will be changing it over either for the Jag/Mondeo mount or a power flex one, yet to decide.

Once i have tested the next one on the Auto i have then i will try the remaining one, the link to the ECP original mount should have a letter T on it, or a they part of the new batch that was done after the mould got misplaced or destroyed never really found out the true story to that, all i know is that the 1.8 mould was apparently used instead and a yellow dot was added so distinguish them apart, it was believed that the right compound was used as before when the T mould was still about, but how do we know for sure 100% is is down to trust at the end of the day.

There by why i am trying to find which is the best if it turns out that the original is in fact a 1.8 mount with just a yellow dot on it

now I'm none the wiser, two respected members have given a different opinion. I think I'm so glad that my problem turned out to be an engine mount and not a DMF I'd put up with the vibration but would of course prefer it not to be there.

was there a thread about powerflex bushes on part of the car being no good?

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote