View Single Post
Old 13th April 2019, 18:00   #145785
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
My interest is mainly the Church Fenton area which lies between Leeds and York. I used the Church Fenton railway station many moons ago and I was quite surprised by the size and number of platforms given that Church Fenton itself was but a small village at that time and probably still is. I lived and worked in that area for a number of years and during my almost daily runs in the surrounding countryside I often saw the trains passing between Leeds and York. Another thing which sticks in my mind from that area is the bright golden haze on the meadows when the rapeseed crops were coming up for harvesting - it was blinding at times in bright sunlight.

Ah right! No it doesn't go that far east, Leeds station is the terminating point and I'm sure I saw on the route map there was a line going to Holbeck shed.
I copy/pasted this from the scenarios on this game.

Towering moors, challenging grades and tight curves are yours to conquer in Train Sim World: Northern Trans-Pennine, bringing a bygone era of British Rail roaring back to life. Operate your trains over an aging rail network with out-of-date infrastructure and no modern safety systems to assist you. Reproduced in exquisite detail, every station, signal and milepost feels so real you can almost reach back in time and touch them.

Key features

• 43-mile route of the Northern Trans-Pennine route from Manchester to Leeds via Huddersfield
  • BR Class 45/1 in BR Corporate Blue Livery
  • BR Class 47/4 in BR Corporate Blue Livery
  • BR Class 101 in BR Corporate Blue & Grey Livery
  • British Railways Mk2a Coaches in BR Corporate Blue & Grey Livery
  • British Railways Mk1 BG (Full Brake) in BR Corporate Blue & Grey Livery
  • Highly detailed, feature-rich, driving cabs with accurate true-to-life performance and handling for both locomotives and multiple unit
  • Authentic and detailed sound recordings, recorded from the real locomotives
  • Five detailed and engaging scenarios for the route
  • 100 Collectibles for you to find including Route Maps, Newspaper Bundles, Catering Posters and Overgrown Trees
  • Accessible tutorials for the BR Classes 45/1, 47/4 and 101 to get you started quickly
  • Extensive 24-Hour Service Mode Timetable

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote