View Single Post
Old 18th August 2018, 09:45   #1
grout20
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Auto

Default MOT pass ... but then a problem.... :-)

Hi all,

Well pleased with a new MOT yesterday. It wasn't actually due until January but July/August is much nicer time to work on a car if needed!

I even removed the undertray so MOT man could get to see everything more easily .... but here's the problem. The undertray I acquired from someone else recently, i.e. second hand, as my car didn't have one.

The sound deadening foam was heavily soaked in oil and when the engine/foam got hot it smelt like I had a bad oil leak!

So ..."Take off and replace the foam" I thought.

This developed into : Remove foam, remove aluminium plate, scrape off all the crud, degrease, twice, wash, dry,... and then I found myself using my expensive AutoGlym products to treat the topside of the Undertray .... which no one will ever see!

I need help .... this is not normal behaviour!

Cliff / Teflon / Nev .... come on folks .... please tell me someone else has the same problem!

MOT man also suggested I need to clean up my headlights .... so a chance to use my 3M Headlight Restore Kit .... at least people will see those results!

Happy cleaning, all

John

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Undertray refurb!.jpg (118.3 KB, 50 views)

My 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto 75 is the
• 20,516th 75 to be made out of 112,381
• 787th 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,671
• 1,248th Wedgwood Blue Metallic (code: JBH) to be made out of 7,515 code JBH 75's
grout20 is offline   Reply With Quote