View Single Post
Old 7th May 2019, 13:26   #7
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
It's a while since I was involved in Advanced training but the first thing we'd discuss is Information - receiving it through vision/hearing and giving it through indicators/brake lights etc. (The rest was Position, Speed, Gear, Acceleration "IPSGA").

So, if there's no one around to "give" the information to then using say, an indication when there's no one there was classed as a failure to receive (and process) information correctly. i.e acting by rote rather than by the situation. This point was agreed by a Police Examiner and would lose a candidate marks on their assessment.

Conversely failing to indicate when the was someone around to see it was similarly a failure to receive (and process) information and would lose a candidate marks on their assessment.

Serious concentration and skill these Police drivers/riders .

Andy
Andy, "you" assume there is no one to receive because "you" have not seen the person. It will take longer to study the area to make sure there is no one around. How far away does someone have to be to be classed as not around?

Advanced drivers are taught to read the road ahead. There is a car on the left side of the road, facing same direction as your travel some distance ahead with no lights on, you cant see any movement, you cant see any exhaust "smoke". You make a judgement.

Consider the judgement.

Now consider the judgement if you can see their right indicator flashing.

Is it exactly the same judgement?

I'm sure there will be two opinions on the subject, those in favour of always indicating which I am one and those that believe no point if no one around.

we will agree to differ, with me of course being right

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote