View Single Post
Old 7th May 2019, 11:25   #3
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Very interesting.
One of my old workmates left us to become a driving instructor. I had noticed drivers not indicating had started to become more frequent so I asked him why this was happening. He said that they now teach drivers not to indicate if there's no reason to. ie, no other traffic.
I said I thought this was wrong because it gets new drivers into the habit of NOT indicating, instead of the habit OF indicating. He wasn't impressed.
I just wonder if these instructors will now be sued by drivers who have been fined for not indicating?

It's a long time since I last read the highway code, but I remember my instructor telling me not to indicate when pulling out of a parking spot, instead wait till there's no more cars coming and pull out and join the flow.
Now, I can kinda see some reason for this, as several times I have slowed down to let a car pull out from the kerbside, only to discover there's no driver in it and it's the hazards that are flashing
You don't notice that until you're almost at it's rear end.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote