View Single Post
Old 19th April 2019, 11:21   #1
migueldefender
Regular poster

75 Saloon

Default Egnine don't star or even spin (CDT)

Hello everybody, :-)

i'm having a problem with my 2001 Rover 75 CDT, and hopefully you probably can give some lights.

My Rover it's not working since october last year, because I had a probem with the fuel pump near the engine that didn't work at all (no fuel came out from the pump). At that time I bought a pump, fuel filter and that plastic thing above the fuel filter.

Due a big lack of time, until today I did not had time to change everything.

Of couse that the battery was discharge, so I have reacharged it out from the car last week.

Today I have change everything and the pump it's already pumping fuel, but, when I try to start the engine, I heard a "click" from the starter and everything goes down (the energy). The engine did not even spin.

So, I thought that the battery was dead although, the fact of beeing two days charging. Bought a new battery and the same happen. Try to start, hear a "click" from the starter and the energy goes off and all car goes down, even the lights in the dashbord be very very weak (like no battery). After I try to start, during some seconds there is no power att all in the car, anything works. After those seconds, the energy comes again.

What can it be?

My best regards,
Miguel

P.S.: My english it's not perfect, so, sorry about it. :-)

Last edited by migueldefender; 19th April 2019 at 11:28..
migueldefender is offline   Reply With Quote