Thread: Power VIS issue
View Single Post
Old 7th November 2020, 18:54   #28
Cosmin161

Rover 75 RJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hello Cosmin,

I'm sorry to say that leaving any of the valves in one position won't be a satisfactory solution. Providing that the balance flap moves freely (they are prone to sticking in the mid position) and the butterfly linkage isn't broken then what you need is a working VIS actuator to restore proper performance to your engine throughout the rev range. As said previously, Stocktake can supply you with the improved version you've heard about.

If you're feeling adventurous, remove the plastic manifold chamber entirely and clean out the carbon blocking the breather pinhole in the RH camshaft cover (the LH can be done much more easily). This piece of maintenance will also enhance the response of your engine.

Simon
Thank you for your answer Simon.
I can test if the vis motors are working with my delphi tester. I can hear the balance vis working and the flap shuting closed. The power vis does not work anymore.
The butterfly linkage is in good shape. I,ve checked them when i replaced the timing belts, water pump and tensioner roller. Thats when i cleaned the inside of the inlet manifold. I’ m not sure i understand what you mean by the pinhole of the camshaft cover. Could you please tell me where is that pinhole?
Thanks.
Cosmin161 is offline   Reply With Quote