View Single Post
Old 29th September 2016, 21:07   #27
larryr123
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Default No further forward with ABS problem

This is driving me crazy, so much so I'm thinking of junking my MG ZT-T due to what appears to be some kind of design fault with the braking system.
Why?
Well I've checked what seems to be everything and I'm still getting the judder on the brake pedal at low speeds.
I've checked the voltages on the back hubs, and cleaned up the back plates to make sure nothing is blocking the senors.
I've replaced the front offside sensor, as it was the speedo that went initially. I did a voltage check on all the wheels and the voltage changed equidistantly on all wheels except the front offside which had no response on about a 6th of the wheel circumference so I thought that's it, change the wheel bearing. Did that, same problem.
Put new front discs and pads on at the recommendation of the garage, as no ABS faults were showing on the test after the old one's were cleared and I test drove it braking 20 times with judder.

So now I have no ABS light, and no ABS faults, yet still I'm getting the judder after replacing a sensor, a bearing and front discs and pads.

Where does one go from here?
larryr123 is offline   Reply With Quote