View Single Post
Old 8th December 2018, 21:37   #8829
smudge.g
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDTi Connie SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
One of THESE

Anyway what you need to do is remove the brake backplates, then belt the remnant of the inside of the other rose joint out of the housing.

Clean the cast iron lug up with a rotary cup brush, then after greasing the bolt, put a bit of a nip onto the bolt through the extractor, then give the end of the bolt a bop with your favourite knocking stick.

Once it's moving it can be wound out with the extractor, and when fitting the new bushes, make sure the radiused end enters first, and you've cleaned the inside of the loop with emery and a smear of LM grease.

Brian
Well, after further doses of WD40, I decided to give up on trying to pull the remnants of the rear upper bush out and instead gave it a clout with a 30mm socket and a 4lb hammer. I was very surprised to see some movement and 2 mins later the old bush casing was out with little sign of rust, happy days!! Just the other side to do now then back on the road soonest
My 75 Tourer CDTi was born Saturday, 21st June 2003 @ 09:50

My 75 was the 18,749th 75 Tourer to run off the production line, out of 27,407
It was the 195th 75 Tourer CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 2,074
and the 1,789th 75 Tourer in Wedgewood Blue Metallic (code: JEL) to be made out of 1,871 Wedgewood Blue Metallic 75 Tourers
smudge.g is offline   Reply With Quote