View Single Post
Old 20th December 2017, 12:38   #20
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed3 View Post
Not had the problem yet? Of course, not everyone has, but it is only a matter of time unless the car is kept under cover.
Might be a long wait. I've had my car for 17 years and 396k miles, and the carpet has never been wet - the nearest it gets is when the dog has jumped in after a rainy walk.

Ed whilst you could be facing the end of your Rover as a useable car for whatever the reason, that doesn't automatically apply to the rest of us!

If you google whatever your car's problems are you will likely find loads of fellow sufferers, but that may not be the majority, or even a significant minority of total users.

My car has other faults, and maybe one will be serious enough to send it to the scrapper in the future, but for now it is very much a useable everyday car, not only for personal but also business use, and a very comfortable one at that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed3 View Post
So the simple point is that the main knowledge base of Rover 75 enthusiast clubs and forums needs to develop a better and more accurate understanding of the problem and have real fixes ready for people to use.
Well the knowledge base is derived from the members, so now is your chance to shine and document how you cured your water leaks for the benefit of one and all suffering the same fate.

Last edited by Mike Noc; 20th December 2017 at 12:50..
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote