View Single Post
Old 20th December 2017, 09:40   #16
RoverDan
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Tourer, Limo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post

Its the guys personal opinion, he is right, there are some right dogs of 75s out there, with all sorts of problems, we Rover lovers will not accept anything detrimental said about our cars it is a fact of life, I love both my cars but the first serious thing that goes wrong with them they will be gone out of my life.

Rev
I find myself agreeing and disagreeing with the OP at the same time.

I noted on another thread the shocking shockers on the rear of my Tourer, but I had the luxury to push it into the garage for a fortnight and decide what to do. At the same time as seeing the state of the dampers, I noted that the OSR wing had had a mediocre replacement (remnants of old panel now corroding beneath new panel) sometime in its past and that rust will be on ongoing battle unless I go for a rear quarter replacement. Plus it's on 165,000 miles, and the auto box is a bit clunky. So I spent a week looking at alternatives, but realised quickly that you're buying an unknown unknown (true condition and where to go for advice) unless it's in manufacturer warranty still. Price does not reflect mechanical condition or potential for borkage, but does relate to brand image and how good the seller is with shampoo and a sponge

One thing I can't agree with the OP about is the comments about 'learning more about these cars'. This forum is a fantastic resource, to be honest with two 10-15 year old Fords in the family I'd love a similar forum for them, but any useful knowledge is scattered across so many fora, and diluted with so much anecdote and mechanical ignorance.

CDT
auto Club Saloon
CDT
auto Connoisseur SE Tourer
CDT
auto Connoisseur MacNeillie Limousine

Last edited by RoverDan; 20th December 2017 at 09:43..
RoverDan is offline   Reply With Quote