View Single Post
Old 18th April 2019, 10:48   #73
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool Banana update.

Following on from Brian's obversation re the removal of the rear bumper I have been to the garage and spoke to them about it. I was assured that everything was in hand and all would be taken care of.

I was there again this morning to pay for the 3rd instalment. Oh! My! The paint work is amazing, yet to have the rest of the bodywork done. They are resuming on Banana again next week. The front bumper has taken up more time than they thought owing to the bad workmanship, there words, that had been done by the previous paint shop.

The bumper has now been sorted out and is now covered in primer. All the smaller body parts have been painted with the primer. Windscreen is back in along with the rear window. New retaining clips have been fitted. New moulding clips have been bought and are waiting to be fitted. Everything smallish has been bagged up and labelled.

On this visit I took the Bear as I had to pop back to the tyre shop to have the torque on the bolts checked, had 4 new tyres fitted yesterday. My previous visit to the A M Restorations had been in Redfive. And the Bear had loads of admirers this morning, even the staff from the garage next door came to have a look. Their boss has a very nice Red Ford Mustang, about 5 years old. Even he was impressed with the Bear. I was asked if I would sell the Bear, I said yes but will not hold my breath waiting on a reply. Been let down so many times waiting on replies.

So Banana will will home in about 2 weeks, might be sooner. But I'm in no hurry, perfection always takes time.

Thanks for the kind remarks.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote