View Single Post
Old 26th March 2020, 21:54   #151622
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Evening all I took the decision yesterday to close business for the quarantine period. I can self distance from customers and supposedly am allowed to continue to work, but for moral reasons I'm not. As it happens now I am not able to work until further notice, as my mum's carer has had to stop work for her own self protection during the lockdown as she has asthma. She called tonight to say she is stopping for her own safety and my mother's, so I have to step in as mum has memory trouble and msu forget to feed herself or take her tablets.
Hi Rich,

Tomorrow marks my first week of self isolation (apart from my once weekly afternoon at the cat rescue)

I think you have made the right move. It’s not going to be easy financially or otherwise but staying healthy and halting the progression of the virus has got to be our number one concern.

I know June is a long way off before us self employed get financial assistance but I believe there maybe other help available to bridge the gap in the interim if needed.

Stay safe for you and all your family.
If you fancy a chat, well I’m in all day as well so always glad for a natter