View Single Post
Old 17th September 2018, 15:33   #141936
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Went into Tavi, local slang for Tavistock, to get a battery fitted in my Micky Mouse watch. It is a Lorius made watch, I bought for Val on our second anniversary. And I have worn it every day since Val passed away.
Found a nice little jewellers run by two women. Battery? No problem, come back in twenty minutes and it will be done.

So off I went and found the cheese shop in the Pannier market. Oh! My! What a delightful shop, again run by two women. Samples given out before you buy. Oh! My! How yummy. So I bought some hard waxy cheese called Cornish Gouda, that will be grated onto the top of my cottage pie when I get home.
I also bought some Fosswey Fleece, strong but with a creamy texture. Bought also was White Nancy soft but with a bite and some Baronet has a smoked taste.

Walked back to the jewellers and my watch not only had a new battery but it had been cleaned as well. All for £6, cannot grumble at that.
Back to the car park where I had left ole Yella parked in the corner on her own, and guess what she was still on her own. No clowns parked anywhere near her.
Drove home and grated the Gouda onto the cottage pie, which is now cooking in the Halogen oven. I cannot get on with the gas oven in the house.

All in all a good day, and now the rain and wind have gone and we have sunshine.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote