View Single Post
Old 3rd February 2022, 09:55   #10
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbonwick View Post
A fair point, however the end date is 3 years (and 6 releases of Windows) away. Hopefully by then Microsoft will have seen some sense and toned down some of their latest ridiculous ideas...

You are of course aware that Windows 10 and 11 are built on the same kernel? Windows 11 really is just Win 10 with start menu removed, curves added and even more junk!
Yes, I am aware.

At the end of the day, each person has to decide their approach. Some of us are early adopters, if only to play, whilst others desire stability before committing. Both approaches and everything in between is perfectly valid.

MS will always try to restrict choice, e.g. browser choice, insofar that they can whilst staying only just legal. Personally, I find such approaches by large companies distasteful and Firefox is my browser of choice for this very reason. If non-MS browsers are practically locked out of Win 11, I will still have a Win 11 machine except that all but one of my machines at home will be on Linux. Currently, the machine that I spend most of my time on runs Lubuntu LTS.