View Single Post
Old 29th December 2018, 08:45   #9
AndyN01
This is my second home

Toyota RAV4

Thanked 1,579 Times in 968 Posts

I think many cars have "character" it's just what you like which makes them have character for you.

I imagine in a fair few years there shall be a whole generation discussing the character of Saxo's; Corsa's etc.

The Rover's have character for me because they are "civilised" and quietly competent. Not loud and brash. Wonderfully comfortable and a lovely place to while away the miles.

I'm past my Mini (a real one) on 3 wheels round bends and drum brakes that meant you had to learn to drive one - no discs or ABS or other fandango gismos.

I had a great time in a Westfield with a 1700 X flow and twin Webers. That had character. It also had the world's most uncomfortable ride (lovely on track ) and stupidly small petrol tank - which at least meant you could get out and stretch quite frequently.

I fancy a go in a Lexus LS430 as I believe these shy away from the hard, sporty aspirations of other marques. Maybe they have character or maybe they are so isolated from the world they're characterless and sterile?

Each to their own .

Andy.
AndyN01 is offline   Reply With Quote