View Single Post
Old 28th August 2018, 20:58   #25
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
Apart from the above points, the reason was because the Phoenix 4 where taking a large amount of money and putting it into their retirement fund. When they were taken over by the Phoenix 4, BMW put a lot of money into a special fund for the company to use if required. This I believe was used but it seems no one knows what on. Also, when BMW sold to the Phoenix 4, I spoke to a gent who through his company experience had met and had knowledge of one in particular of the Phonix4. I said I was glad they had took the company over, and he said that the company would be gone in 5 years.And how long was it around............................................ ...5 years. This is not hearsay, this is true. You make your own conclusions from the above.I also believe that they were banned from being directors for some years after a court case .

I am proud to have known some of the best design engineers for Layland, HRG, Albion, McLaren, now working for Red Bull, and many of the marks owned by Rover. I am not so proud to have met some of the Management team of Rover in the last years of its life.
One of them told me that there were consultants who used to be managers in the company being paid silly money for six months of work.
The amounts of money being mentioned, would have easily been responsible, for the downfall of any company.
I hope the stories I was told, were just that stories. As if they were factual accounts, I am in no doubt that managerial mismanagement, and a small number of individuals lining their own pockets, were responsible for the demise of Britain’s last volume car manufacturer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote