View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2017, 11:28   #10
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Looking at the illustration in RAVE of the blind's mechanics, it works on the same principle as windscreen wipers. That is, the motor always turns in the same direction but the hinged operating rods allow the blind, having reached its limit of travel, to reverse direction at the next push of the button. So ....
Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
If you removed a blind whilst it was in the up position, with one that was in the down (closed) would the sun blind work?
Yes.
Quote:
I am assuming the circuitry assumes press 1 is up press 2 is down, press 3 is up, press 4 .....etc
'Assuming' is a very risky practice Alan. In fact, it doesn't work like that at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
Next question, how does it know if to go up or down?
I hope the above explains that the button doesn't need to know the direction of travel. That is achieved by a simple, but clever mechanical linkage system.
Quote:
Now fitting a replacement I am concerned that although the blind is down, the next push will try to send the blind down and damage it ..
If you have fitted an entire assembly (motor, blind and linkages) then there's no need for any concern. It won't be damaged.

Simon