View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2017, 09:12   #9
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I will put it even more plainly from how I understand your explanation Simon, but I have a question also at the end.

The switch has a timer built in. Which is active for 2.5 seconds.

My question would be this. If you removed a blind whilst it was in the up position, with one that was in the down (closed) would the sun blind work? I am assuming the circuitry assumes press 1 is up press 2 is down, press 3 is up, press 4 .....etc Thinking on this, if the switch was pressed with the ign on, but the blind unplugged, could it upset the setting. The switch could be 'thinking' the blind needs to be pulled down when it is closed, reversing the polarity, that it needs to be, and so therefore the blind would appear to be faulty? (that could explain why my blind isnt working, although of course there are a number of other issues that it could be, including the broken magnet, that failed on the first motor I am not going to get a chance to try this for a few weeks )
for what its worth, mine went I think went faulty when a tooth or more on the fibre gear broke off. the motor seems to work ok

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote