View Single Post
Old 30th May 2022, 11:18   #6
grivas
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 CDT Club Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
not sure i heard the news right- is the UK going back to imperial measurement?
Surely not, i would have thought as most of the world is using metric it would be better to continue to use it!!
I heard the same, a longing apparently, for the good old days of hanging work houses, we already have childhood poverty, and food banks , so no need to worry about that, what else can we re-introduce by way of kidding ourselves that GB is an independent ( laugh out loudly, thinking of the 'special' relationship with uncle Sam here no less).

Yep all in all a great way forward from the Tories, after all getting Brexit done has resulted in better all round standards for the average diluted and misguided voter, inflation running wild, energy bills off the scale, fuel prices unheard of, I blame the Russians of course, nothing to do with the incompetent, out of touch, uncaring, lying,( have I left anything out?) pile of horse manure of a government running the country, personally I am not convinced there is anyone in Westminster capable of running the country now, just mediocrity, and general decline in all standards, honesty accountability, decency, respect, etc etc.

Imperial Units, yes that will always win votes.
We are living in the past, but yes IU will always do it for me, can't wait.
grivas is offline   Reply With Quote