View Single Post
Old 23rd July 2015, 23:11   #8
AndreRijo
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T Extreme Spec ; Rover 45 MKII Connoisseur Plus

I have used motobuild springs on my ZT-T, but if I was satisfied with the handling I wasn't with the overall lowering. I need more.

I then send my springs to a company over here, that modifies and builds springs to your own specifications, from the standard ZT-T springs, they take 40mm to the back and 50mm to the front. Very satisfied with the look and handling. But I alway like coilovers, due to the possibilities they offer on changing ride height, soft or hard...

I have contacted various companies, in order to know if anyone could build some coilovers for our cars. I have encountered TEIN, that already have done coilovers for the MG7 and could do them for 75&ZT's, but ask me for a lot of data and the prices where sky high... £1800 to start...

I then found another one that might be more pocket friendly... It's a company on the UK, it's called GAZ and to manufacture a set of coilovers for our cars... this was their reply:"We will need a sample front strut with top mount, a rear damper & spring. The rear spring is separate from the damper so we would need to know the fitted height of the spring on the car & with the car on its wheels so we know how much is compresses under load."

If anyone is able to contact them and supply them with what is needed. We could have the chance of a company producing a straight fit coilovers set for our cars.

Linky: http://www.gazshocks.com/pr-and-medi...uild-coilovers

I would buy one in a heart beat.

Last edited by AndreRijo; 23rd July 2015 at 23:29..
AndreRijo is offline   Reply With Quote