Thread: clutch woes
View Single Post
Old 3rd December 2019, 11:40   #11
euro44
Avid contributor

mg zt-t 226th made from total of 396

Hi again, and thanks for the info. Well, where do I start. My problem is not helped by the fact that the recovery co. had to offload the car onto the only place I can park it , namely a muddy track behind where I live, and made worse by my advanced years. ( I,m 71 years young ) However I have managed to remove two panels over the pedals and shine a light into the dark recesses which shows a fluid leak around the master cylinder from the pushrod rubber cap. none onto carpets etc and the pedal stays on the floor when pushed. Now the problem really comes into focus as there is no way I can reach the mc cap to check fluid level, even a long thin screwdriver pushed against the cap ribs wont work. I guess a young adult Gibbon ( MG trained of course ) would be able to access this area but its beyond my capabilities, so I would like to revert to my original request, a reliable place to get it fixed in my part of Essex. Any members who can help with this info will get my undying appreciation. cheers chris.
euro44 is offline   Reply With Quote