View Single Post
Old 21st July 2017, 18:50   #1
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts
Default Had to replace my father in laws lower mount today.

My father in law came up today, while I was planning on having a day off with the kids and said could I check all his undertray was bolted on correctly as he thought a speed hump might have clipped it

Anyway I jacked it up and checked it and thought I'd replace a couple of missing screws, so while at it I'll remove it and clean it.... Then once removed I thought I'll check the lower mount, with the mount fitted it looked fine but I got the inspection lamp on it and thought I might remove it and check it...

Oh what a surprise

As you can see it looks ok, but experience tells me to look further

And as you can see this mount was past its best, as soon as I put a screwdriver in it and pulled the splits became obvious.
So new mount fitted and undertray done and clean.

Morale of this long winded story, a quiet day off at home with your tools won't last long!!,but you might just achieve something good

AND NEVER PRESSUME YOUR LOWER MOUNT IS OK FROM JUST LOOKING.

Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote