View Single Post
Old 29th January 2019, 08:07   #18
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
So the Police will be tied to their desks watching endless uploads of dash cam footage, so they will be even more unable to fight actual crime, ya know like all these terrorists for example, or the burglars who beat up old ladies in their own homes?
No, forget about them, let’s just tie up all our valuable resources in sending fines to the humble motorist again!

Granted, dashcam footage could be useful where CCTV ends, such as being able to identify where a vehicle travelled when conventional CCTV lost it, but that’s just not going to happen is it, well, not until ANPR capable dashcams with a live link to the database come out
I would have thought that someone other then a police officer will review the footage first to make sure is it not something like a cat sat up a tree. If there is something of severity then I assume it would go to a police officer and don't forget, there are police officers on light duties.

I would not have thought every misdemeanor will be followed up.

Let it be a warning to us all, be good or we could find ourselves being uploaded

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote