View Single Post
Old 22nd March 2018, 17:28   #35
Gunnerhavesome
Avid contributor

2001 Rover 75 2.0 V6 Con SE, Range Rover P38 4.6 for my Russian winter home

Location: France Feb to October/Sevastopol Crimea November to Jan

Having worked abroad for a number or years, when I returned to the UK in 2004 I saw my first 75 and thought what a great looking car and admired quite a few but owned other makes models over the next years. For a while I was travelling every week to the Isle of Man and had a regular car to take me to the airport and that was a 75 and always thought what a nice looking car, yes an old fashioned but classic interior but admired it and it was comfortable to travel in. Then 4 years ago was looking for a car for my European travels to last 1 year and found a 75 1 owner with only 60,000 on the clock FSH all by the dealer that had first sold the car. I picked it up for buttons. I have now owned this beauty for 4 years. Yes I have had a few issues and the last MOT was £500 to get through mainly due to the back box and suspension top joints. But continually enjoy this classic, yes it was called and old mans car and with that yes they generally were sold to older gentlemen so they have not been thrashed but cherished hence with the enjoyment I get from this classic even though I expect another high MOT bill this year as the middle box was an advisory I will be keeping it going for as long as I can when I thought I would use it for a year. I also like the admiring looks and thumbs up I get from quite a few gentlemen of a certain age here in France. Cheap car beautiful motor and great motoring, but with all that said when I go to my other home I do so much enjoy getting in and driving my Range Rover which by coincidence is the same age as the 75.

However, this forum has been invaluable for information on the maintainace of these great cars and top tips to keep these beauty's on the road but other owners who care about a British classic.
But that's just my opinion.
Gunnerhavesome is offline   Reply With Quote