View Single Post
Old 8th January 2020, 19:31   #10666
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

Yesterday, I managed to run the front offside tyre onto the bolt that sticks out slightly from the lower strut on my garage door. Pphhhfftt. The tyre not me. Left it in disgust to flatten itself while I cussed and shut the doors on it. Today I phoned my usual tyre supplier, Tyresrus, to see if they had a Goodyear Efficientgrip in stock. No! Oh sugar. Said he could get me one for 2.00 pm. Oh great. Went to garage to change tyre. Started car and drove it out of the garage onto the yard. Stopped car and made sure it was in gear and handbrake fully on. Changed wheel for the ‘skinny’ spare. First time it has been used in 17 years. Put punctured wheel in boot, and went to start car and............flashing headlights and nowt. Oh no! Or words to that effect. What do I do now? Stuck across the yard stopping the chap next door from getting to his garage. Oh tatters. Yikes! What to do now? Decided to get the battery off the silver one and try that one. That car has only been started 4 times since I got it in September. Change them over and fingers and toes ,eyes, legs and everything else crossed, turned the key, ..................and it flew over and started. Phew! So went and got tyre changed, and £51 later was a happy bunny. My Bosch 4 year guaranteed battery which is 6 years old almost to the day, is now on charge. See tomorrow if it’s still any good.The problem is that I only do all short journeys this time of the year,1/2/3 miles at the most. Diesel heater,40watt to drive it, and I have a switch to put it on ,and it has been used a lot lately in the lousy weather we have been having although it has not been that cold. Heated rear window, heater, they all use quite a few amps when on together, so that, I hope is the reason for the glitch..............I hope. We shall see tomorrow.