View Single Post
Old 10th June 2018, 19:40   #10
Moonshine Mark
I really should get out more.......

2005 Monogram Atmosphere ZT CDTI Auto + 2010 BMW 123d Convertible + 2005 MG TF 160

Little while since I have updated this but I have been hard at work!

The sunroof drains have been repaired and no wet in the interior during the heavy rain we have had the past couple of weeks!

One thing I did discover was that the sunroof blind clips were broken so I ordered some new ones and set about the repair.

For anybody that needs to do this, search for BMW E46 blind clips. I found a 75/ZT repair kit but it was around £62, 2 BMW clips set me back £8 on Ebay.

Next job was to update the sat nav, the original Mk3 graphics were a bit dated.

I spent a few days looking for a BMW Mk4 DVD drive and eventually got one for £40, again on Ebay.

I set about making my own custom splash screen, plenty of info on google on how to do this

I flashed the Mk4 DVD drive to the latest firmware which included the perspective view, this is a great improvement over the Mk3 in the ZT.

Unfortunately my widescreen has developed some missing pixels whilst it has been in storage but I have been reading some very interesting information on replacing the screen in the unit.

Whilst I was on the interior I replaced the gear selector, a bargain at £5, thank you Rimmer Bros!

One real bugbear of mine was how awful the brakes were on the ZT, so I set about acquiring the parts for an upgrade to 190 brakes. I got brand new discs, pads and hoses, I then acquired a set of 4 190 calipers. At the moment I am only bothered about the fronts, so I ordered a rebuild kit from Biggred and set about the work.

Old;

Almost there;

All done;

More updates to follow
Moonshine Mark is offline   Reply With Quote