View Single Post
Old 22nd April 2018, 18:50   #2
Moonshine Mark
I really should get out more.......

2005 Monogram Atmosphere ZT CDTI Auto + 2010 BMW 123d Convertible + 2005 MG TF 160

When I went to view the car the seller informed me that the sunroof had been suffering with a leak.

This afternoon I set about trying to investigate. The main area that water had been building up was the driver side rear foot well so I decided to remove the drivers seat just to check out the carpet.

The rear was thankfully dry as the previous owner had been using some newspaper to soak up the water but the front was quite damp.

I began in the boot checking the rear sunroof drains. Both were good with no signs of leaks.

Next on to the troublesome passenger side front, no sign of leaking here and with a gentle bit of rodding no sign of any dirt build up in the drain.

On to the driver side front, the problem was immediately apparent, the drain pipe was not connected to the outlet so in effect was directing water directly in to the foot well.

Although the carpet in the front was quite damp, there were no big puddles as the sunroof had been sealed for a little while so no fresh water had got in.

I then got a bit carried away and I set about removing the carpet so as I could lay it out in the sun to dry and will be popping off tomorrow to buy some pipe connectors to fix the drain.

Moonshine Mark is offline   Reply With Quote