View Single Post
Old 1st September 2013, 11:21   #81
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

I think Rich summed up the attitude to work of some people very well indeed, well done Rich. It shows some long term unemployed/unemployable see living on the backs of others as a permanent solution for themselves. Its not about how small the proportion of the overall population these people are, nor how little of the overall money they cost us all, its the simple fact that some of us got out of bed and worked hard for our keep.

The guy who refused the job because it would only pay him £40 more than he was getting, should have had all benefits immediately stopped. It is supposed to be a temporary safety net for those who are unfortunately put out of work, not a permanent life style choice. Any job which pays should be not an option to refuse. In fact even if it pays less than benefits, I understand benefits are made up. Why should the rest of us keep them in a life of permanent leisure?

It seems from reading this thread, that they only make life hard for those who have been put out of work recently, these are the only ones who are chased to find a job - the rest, the long term are just left alone to get on with life. That seems very, very wrong to me.

Every ones first duty, ought to be to earn their own keep. There should be no easy options.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote